From 2019 to 2022, UC3M coordinated the EC-funded project with acronym E.T.PACK (www.etpack.eu). In collaboration with other 5 European institutions, the E.T.PACK team developed a deorbit device based on electrodynamic tether technology with TRL 4.
Starting in September 2022 and funded by the EIC with a total budget of 2.5 M€, the EIC Transition project with the acronym E.T.PACK-Fly will increase the maturity of the deorbit device up to 8 (flight model). An in-orbit demonstration will be performed in 2025. UC3M is open to receive CVs from potential candidates that would like to join the E.T.PACK-Fly team and work on the development of the deorbit device.
Description of the offer
Duration: 01/09/2022 – 31/08/2023 (+1.5 year renewable if objectives are accomplished).
Tentative Gross annual salary: 14 pays of 1.200 – 2.100 € (This range is not fixed. The salary can be negotiated depending on the qualification of the candidates)
How to show interest
Send the following documents to Prof. Gonzalo Sánchez (email@example.com) by July 15th, 2022
• Motivation Letter
• Short CV (maximum 4 pages)
• 1 recommendation letter.
Specific tasks to be developed during the contract
• Mission analysis.
• Operations and ground segment design.
• Ground segment assembly, integration, and testing.
• Avionics and onboard software.
• Managerial tasks like preparation of Deliverables, agenda, and minutes preparation, etc.
1. Desired skill/qualifications for Ms. candidates (to develop a PhD thesis at UC3M)
• Bs. and Ms. in Aerospace Engineering or related areas.
• Excellent academic record.
• International experience.
2. Desired skills/qualification for Postdoctoral Researchers
• PhD on Aerospace Engineering or related areas
• Experience on Space Systems: ground station, avionics, and onboard software.
• Strong research record validated by publications in peer-review journals
• Ability to establish scientific and industrial contacts for cooperative projects
• International experience and mobility.
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills.
• Team-building and team-working skills.
• Critical and innovative thinking, interdisciplinarity.